We are: Paul Coetser (father) and Weiers Coetser (son).
- We are a South African born and bred father/son team with a common vision.
- We now live and work on two different continents: South East Asia (Thailand) and Europe (Northern Ireland).
About our relationship to the Seventh-day Adventist Church:
- Both of us have spent most of our lives in the employment of the Adventist Church and have always consistently pledged loyalty to its broad mission and vision.
- We run this blog in our personal capacity. The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of our employers and/or the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- We also reserve the right to change our minds.
- When we publish the views of others, this is to encourage dialogue. We do not necessarily endorse these views.
About our vision for this website:
We aim for this blog to become a unique platform to share ideas, insights, and narratives that will edify the Seventh-day Adventist community.
We would like to open this ‘soapbox’ to individuals who share a similar commitment to offer nurture and encourage growth. Through this blog we are laying down a metaphorical soapbox for others to step upon to share their vision with our readership.
Our vision is built on two observations regarding the Church:
- The Seventh-day Adventist Church is remarkably diverse and we do not all have the same way of viewing the world and living our lives. We believe that diversity is something to embrace. Mutual dialogue with those with different perspectives enriches us all.
- We believe that there is room in the Seventh-day Adventist “ecosystem” for a publishing platform that gives voice to “ordinary” day-to-day believers and practitioners of faith who sometimes feel a burden to share a discovery, thought or experience with a wider audience. Our soapbox might just be the right one to step onto. The editors will provide support and nurture. We believe that together we can grow and nurture an audience that will be responsive, encouraging, and appreciative.
About the kinds of blog that might find a home on this blogging platform?
Potential bloggers who may want to blog on this platform might include some who:
- have a desire to share the story of their own spiritual journey,
- want to comment on trends and issues in the Seventh-day Adventist church,
- wish to share their research or understanding of church doctrine that might, or might not, likely to be endorsed by the “official” Church.
- are looking for an opportunity to promote an idea or program that might be relevant to the Church or part of the Church community,
- need to “blow a whistle” about some person or practice that may have implications for the wider church community (This will be dealt with great circumspection and ethical correctness).
About the kinds of blogs/publications that will not find a welcome on this platform?
- We choose not to publish vitriolic attacks against individuals, the Church as an organization or other churches and religions.
- We aim to keep a relatively narrow focus on Church and faith matters with relation to the Seventh-day Adventist church.
A Word about Affiliates
Some of our articles contain affiliate links to products, apps, and services. If you click through and purchase, our company will receive a small commission on the sale. Rest assured, we only recommend products or services that we personally use or believe will be helpful to our readers.
Subscribe to our Blog
In order to make sure you don’t miss our newest blog posts, why not subscribe to our blog. It’s fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time. The ‘subscribe’ button is on the top right hand side of this page.